Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Keeps on giving

The stuff that I have found upstairs, downstairs, in walls, in ceilings, and in the floors has allowed me to create a narrative in my own mind of what life was like at the casa before we arrived. Undoubtably skewed, it's still amusing. I mean, clown legos? Clown legos? Who does that to a six year old? I can imagine a young child becoming forever terrified of Christmas.





Anyway, today I had to cut open a bay in the wall for the wiring to get from the basement to the upstairs and discovered that there are more stories to be told. That's in the hallway behind the pantry.
















So after tracing the path of the wires up into the joist bay, I cut a little patch out of the floor of M's closet for access. I can then just route them into the upstairs hallway wall from there. It was nice to be able to just trace where the old knob & tube was.








After pulling out some insulation, I reached in to see what treasures could be had, Indiana Jones style. Amid the candy wrappers and choking dust there was... what is that? A roach clip?











Well, if that isn't a roach clip, this certainly looks like one.












The topper though, is that right next to them, was this. Interior narrative on overdrive.









No comments: