Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Agony of the Irony


When doing the demo upstairs, I had a great idea. Like a really great idea.
See, there were all of these collar ties that had to come out and I scratched my chin and said, "I'll certainly be able to use some nice 16 and 18 foot 2x4s! I know, I'll save them and frame around them!"
See, the collar ties had to stay up while I was framing or the roof might collapse.
Well, of course the completely predictable thing happened. A blind man, like the one on the left, could have seen it coming. The new framing has made it impossible for me to get those nice long framing members out without cutting them into small pieces.
I think it adds to my feelings of inneffectivity that I can't even seem to rotate the photo of the now trapped 2x4s to display the right way. Also, that I used the word 'inneffectivity'.

No comments: