Thursday, July 10, 2008

These windows go to eleven!

So it's been tough getting back into the swing of things and documenting, but I think I'm ready. This past week, it's been back to the grindstone after some weeks of other projects. Operation Get-A-Bike and Operation Launch-The-Kayak are now completed.

Yesterday I started furring out the south wall of the master bedroom (and moving all of the electrical boxes to fit) and framed the south window. It's a bit lower than we had anticipated, due to the persistent closed soffit overhang problem.


This morning I finished that off and the client and I mapped out where exactly she'd like the small windows in the stairwell located. I had made ten cardboard templates, thinking that I would have at least four or five left over, but as it turns out, what we really wanted was eleven (!!!) windows in the stairwell. And, as it also turns out, making windows look randomly placed is not as easy as throwing them up and seeing where they stick.

There's one that didn't stick so well.

All that old insulation will go.

This is one of last week's projects- putting in a small closet in the northest corner of the south bedroom. The new and improved safety ladder (borrowed from Lawrence, who was terrified of what I might do to myself on the old improved safety ladder) is resting in the closet now.

No comments: